Roasted jumbo prawns with Timut Nepal pepper, stuffed with curried courgette, sun dried tomatoes and lemon
- 8 beautiful jumbo prawns 200 g
- 8 small courgettes with the flowers
- 200g yellow tomato “ananas”
- 200g black tomato “noire de Crimée”
- 200g green tomato “verte green zebras”
- 200g red tomato “Marmande”
- Timut Nepal pepper
- 2 lemons from Menton
- Espelette pepper
- Salt for the Camargue
- 20g concentrate tomato
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil from Nice
- branch of verbena
- fresh mint
- branch of mélisse
1. Peel the prawns and keep the shells in the fridge.
2. Peel and Cut coarsely the vegetables (carrot, leek, onion, celery …)
3. Keep 4 heads from the peeled prawns and crush the rest with the shells.
4. Prepare the prawn juice: fry the shells and aromatic garnish in olive oil, add the tomato paste, add water and cook 25 minutes over low heat.
5. Filter the juice and reduce reduce to a maximum concentration.
6. Peel the tomatoes (immerse for 20 seconds in boiling salted water, then cool them immediately in the frozen water, then peel them).
7. Cut the tomatoes into small dice, season with salt, Timut pepper, curry and verbena, mélisse and chopped mint.
8. Add half of the black olives
9. Set aside in refrigerator.
10. Separate the courgettes from the flowers. Wash the courgettes. Cut 4 courgettes into small dices and cut 4 courgettes into 2
11. Fry the diced courgettes in olive oil, add the curry and lemon. Leave to cool
12. Brown the 8 remaining halfed courgettes with olive oil and curry, add a pinch of Sugar to caramelize.
12. Poach for one minute the courgette flowers in boiling salted water, then refresh in ice water, then blot delicately 8 courgette flowers on a paper towel.
13. Brown the 8 large prawns with olive oil, seasoned with curry, salt and pepper for 2 minutes on each side, then pat dry on a paper towel.
14. Bake the 4 heads of prawns in salted boiling water and set aside.
15. Cut the langoustine tails “en brunoise.”
16. Prepare a stuffing with 1/3 tomato, 1/3 prawn, and 1/3 courgette
17. Adjust the seasoning, put the stuffing in a disposable bag, stuff the 8 courgette flowers delicately.
18. Return to oven the prawn tails, heads, halfed courgettes and stuffed flowers 3 min at 160 °.
On a square plate lay the head, tail, roasted courgettes and flowers. Add the reduction a drizzle of olive oil, a hint of curry and Timut pepper. Decorate with verbena, mint and melissa.
Enjoy your meal !
Hôtel Cantemerle**** Spa & Restaurant, 06140 Vence