Pimientos del Piquillos peppers stuffed with crab, courgettes, olives and lemon
- 4 large crabes
- 18 pimientos del piquillos
- 6 large courgettes
- 4 lemons
- 200g of black Olive
- 1 small pot of salmon eggs
- Basil leaf
- Oregano leaf
- Marjoram leaf
- Freshly gorund pepper
- Olive oil
- Preserved lemon syrup
- Espelette pepper (mild ground chili)
1. Prepare a large pan of bouillon with water for the crabs with salt, Espelette pepper and pepper.
2. Boil the crabs in the broth for 15 minutes. Then chill in the broth (it is best to cook the day before).
3. Poach your whole courgette in the cooking broth for 2 min, let cool.
4. Peel the crab.
5. Cut the courgettes, 200g of olives and 6 piquillos “en brunoise”.
6. Prepare a coulis with the carcasses of the crab
7. Chop fresh herbs, keep a few leaves for decoration.
8. Prepare a stuffing by mixing your Brunoises with your crab meat, and your chopped herbs.
9. Season with lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Espelette pepper and salmon eggs.
10. Add a coffee spoon of the lemon syrup.
11. Put the stuffing in a disposable bag, stuff the 12 Pimientos del piquillo.
12. Leave in the fridge for two hours.
Arrange 2 stuffed pimientos per plate, decorated with black olives, salmon eggs, and aromatic herbs. Squeeze some lemon over the plate, a drizzle of olive oil and apply the preserved lemon syrup with a brush.
Enjoy your meal !
Hôtel Cantemerle**** Spa & Restaurant, 06140 Vence.